- Client: Gold Coast City Council, QLD
- Year: 2013 – 2017
- Collaboration: Lat27, Cardno
This multi-award-winning project converted TheParklands (the athlete’s village from the 2018 Commonwealth Games) into a health, knowledge, and residential precinct.
The centrepiece is a large multifunctional parkland that incorporates regional flood storages, bioretention basins, and a waterway. DesignFlow developed the WSUD strategy, completed detailed designs, and supervised construction of the stormwater management systems.
- PIA Queensland Commendation for Great Place
- Queensland Minister’s Award for Urban Design
- AILA Gold Coast Regional Commendation for Urban Design
- AILA Queensland Karl Langer Award for Urban Design
- AILA Queensland Landscape Award for Civic Landscape
- UDIA Queensland President’s Award
- UDIA Queensland Award of Excellence for Consultant’s Excellence